Monday, November 22, 2010

Warning: This Post May Seem Like A Promotional Advertisement


You know what I love most?

I love when I am searching the Internet for a site related to a topic I’m interested, I can always find those exact sites by simply using delicious.com—a social bookmarking site.
Since I began bodblogging, I had a difficult time finding websites dedicated to body image that wasn’t something spewing out statistics about how many girls in the U.S. have disordered eating behavior/attitudes. Sadly, as helpful as those numbers may be, it’s just not interesting enough to keep people’s attention.

By searching “body image,” I was able to find MissScully’s delicious site, and I must say, I’ve never been so fulfilled in my life. Her page had all the body image sites to keep me reading for days. After looking through her well-organized collection of bookmarked sites, I felt as if I knew her. I came up with a picture of her in my head:
She is a college PHD student with a deep love for The X-files, thus explaining her user name. Psychology is her field of interest and study, and body image/body dissatisfaction is the specific subject she is interested in. When she’s not researching or watching x-files, she spends the rest of her time online shopping.
I don’t know if any of that is true at all, but nonetheless, I am very thankful for finding her site. Now, I am well-equipped to take on any questions you folk out there throw my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment